Post-interview thank you emails are a way of expressing gratitude for the opportunity of meeting with the interviewers. It is a crucial etiquette that you send a thank-you note to your interviewers within 24 hours of your interview.
In this article, I will be sharing some tips and a sample template on how to write a thank you email the right way.
So let’s begin, here is an example interview I’ve written with placeholder names:
Subject: Thank you for the opportunity – Marketing Manager Interview – Sharon Jeff George
Thank you for interviewing me today for the Marketing Manager position. I enjoyed speaking with you, and the other staff members in the Sales and Marketing team.
I was thinking about what Taj said regarding branding and becoming an influencer on your social media channels. In my previous role as Marketing Lead, I found that being authentic and consistent on social media resulted in an overall positive increase in traffic and branding. I hope that helps.
I am very excited about the opportunity to work at ApTask Pvt Ltd.
Please feel free to contact me if you need any more information. I look forward to hearing from you next week as discussed with an update on my candidacy. Thanks again, Alex.
Sharon Jeff George
- Ensure your thank you email reaches the interviewers at the right time.
- Be thoughtful and ask for business cards or contact the HR specialist/front desk receptionist for the hiring manager’s email address.
- Keep the email content short and sweet. Avoid overdoing it.
- Describe the reason for writing this email in the first few lines itself.
- Proofread and check your email thoroughly for any grammatical or spelling errors.
- Don’t forget to add your LinkedIn social media link at the end.
- Send a follow-up email a week later and wait patiently. Don’t stalk the recruiter or hiring manager.
Sending such proactive thank you notes to your potential employer demonstrates that you have good manners and will ensure your candidacy is at the top of their minds. So, don’t forget to confirm your interest in the role by sending a thank you email to the hiring managers within 24 hours of the interview.
Thank you for reading and sharing this post. Do comment below with your opinions!
If you enjoyed this, you might want to check out our other posts:
5 Things to Keep in Mind While Drafting a Job Description
3 SEO Tips for Corporate Recruiters
3 Important Traits to Look for Before Hiring a New Recruit